Anelto Product Warranty
Anelto expressly warrants that the Anelto Products (defined below) will materially conform to their published specifications and be reasonably free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of TWELVE (12) MONTHS, commencing on the date of delivery of the relevant Anelto Product to you (the “Warranty Period”). This Limited Warranty only applies in the Unites States and is only redeemable by individuals and entities that have purchased the relevant Anelto Product directly from Anelto. Further, this warranty only applies to Anelto Products that are used, stored, and handled in the manner recommended by Anelto.
The “Anelto Products” covered under this limited warranty include Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS), Mobile Personal Emergency Response Systems (MPERS), Remote Patient Monitoring Systems, and Telehealth Equipment; and any other hardware or accessories sold by Anelto, excluding any associated software solution(s).
- For proper operation, the Anelto Products require adequate cellular coverage. Poor cellular coverage may result in the inability to place a call and is outside Anelto’s control. Poor cellular coverage is not covered under this Limited Warranty.
- The Anelto Products are not intended to replace a Patient User’s regular contact with their caregiver(s) or healthcare provider(s), or access to an alternative means of placing an emergency call.
- While the fall detection system performs well, if available and enabled, no such system is 100% reliable. If a Patient User experiences a fall that causes actual or potential injury, the Patient User should not wait for the automatic call. A Patient User should always press the call button manually if able.
- The Anelto Products require adequate battery charge for proper operation. Low battery may result in the inability to place a call, automatically detect a fall, and/or properly locate the Patient User automatically during an emergency. Except as otherwise provided below, failure to maintain adequate battery charge is not covered under this Limited Warranty.
- The Anelto Products may use GPS technology to identify User’s location. In optimal conditions, this technology should provide a location that is accurate within 30 feet or less. However, performance of GPS can be affected by a wide range of factors, including obstructions, metal objects in the vicinity, structures that block the signal from satellites, weather, and other factors outside of Anelto’s control. Any such factors are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Anelto will, at its sole option, repair or replace an Anelto Product without charge if the Anelto Product fails or does not perform as warranted solely due to a manufacturing defect within the Warranty Period, subject to the exclusions set forth in this Limited Warranty below. Repair or replacement during this twelve (12) month warranty shall include reasonable labor charges necessary to repair or replace the defective product. During the entire Warranty Period, Anelto’s obligation as to repair or replacement shall further be limited to repair or replacement with the models of the Anelto Product that are available at the time of the repair or replacement, and shall be limited to the repair or replacement of only the specific Anelto Product that fails due to a manufacturing defect. Any repaired or replaced product shall also remain subject to the original Warranty Period from the date of the original receipt of the defective Anelto Product; no repair or replacement will extend the original Warranty Period or start a new Warranty Period. Anelto reserves the right to replace any discontinued Anelto Product with a new product of comparable value and function. All returned defective products will become the property of Anelto.
Obtaining Warranty Service in the U.S.
To obtain warranty service, please send an email to your response center before the end of the Warranty Period to obtain warranty service authorization. To obtain authorization, you will need to furnish the IMEI number found on the back of the device, the date of activation, your name and address, a description of the Anelto Product being claimed as defective, and the nature of the alleged defect.
Note: Anelto and its affiliates shall not be responsible for any software, firmware, information, or memory data of the Patient User contained in, stored on, or integrated with any products returned to Anelto for repair, whether under warranty or not.
This Limited Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Defects or damage as the result of use or storage of any Anelto Product in any way other than its recommended use, including without limiation any abnormal use, improper storage, or abnormal conditions;
- Defects or damage from misuse, accident, water, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical, or electromechanical stress;
- Anelto Products that have been subjected to unauthorized modifications;
- Anelto Products that have had their serial numbers removed or made illegible;
- Shipping costs to send any such products to Anelto’s repair center;
- Anelto Products that, due to illegal or unauthorized alteration of the software/firmware in the product, do not function in accordance with Anelto’s published specifications of the FCC type acceptance applicable at the time the new device was initially distributed byAnelto;
- Scratches, dents, or other cosmetic damage to an Anelto Product’s surface, unless caused by an Anelto Product;
- External causes such as collision with an object, fire, flooding, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source that affect the product’s functioning;
- Weak or poor cellular reception or transmission, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the relevant Anelto Product;
- Normal and customary wear and tear; and/or
- Devices that have been previously used or remanufactured.
This Limited Warranty covers battery defects only if battery capacity of an Anelto Product falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks. This Limited Warranty does not cover any battery issue if (a) the battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by Anelto for charging the battery; (b) any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering; or (c) the battery has been used in equipment other than the device for which it is specified.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, TERMS, OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES, TERMS, OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, CORRESPONDENCE WITH DESCRIPTION, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. NEITHER ANELTO NOR ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NOR AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT OR THEM ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, OR USE OF IT PRODUCTS.
Some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental or consequential damages for certain products supplied to consumers, or the limitation of liability for personal injury, so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When the implied warranties cannot be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, which may vary depending on local law.
This limited warranty shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, USA, excluding its conflicts of laws principles and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
Other Important Notices
The rights provided to you under this Limited Warranty are provided in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed to you by consumer protection laws and do not affect your legal (statutory) rights under your applicable state or national law.
Always completely follow safety, use, operation, and maintenance instructions for the Anelto Products.
Resellers, agents, or employees of Anelto are not authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Limited Warranty.